Sports We Offer
Pirate Youth Sports
Scholarship Process Overview
Pirate Youth Sports (PYS) provides scholarships for registration fees to children, who without financial assistance would be unable to participate in PYS sports programs. In certain cases the scholarship may also provide assistance for basic equipment required to participate in PYS sports. PYS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with limited funding available for scholarships. No guarantee of assistance is implied by this application. If the number of scholarship applications submitted and approved exceeds the amount available, the scholarships will be awarded by a lottery system. PYS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex or disability in its program and activities.
- Download the scholarship application (found here) and read the entire document.
- Gather all of the required documentation, fill out the application form and sign the Terms and Conditions. See pages 1 and 2 of the application form for required documentation. Application submitted without the required documentation will automatically be denied.
- Submit the application to your sport’s Director or mail it to: PYS P.O. Box 1234, Englewood CO 80150-1234. Applications must be submitted by the deadline designated for each sport (see below). Applications submitted after the deadline will automatically be denied. Applications can also be submitted online through the registration system or by clicking here. Note: The registration for scholarships will be near the bottom of the page.
- Once the application deadline closes, all applications will be reviewed by a PYS Scholarship Review Board
- Application results will be communicated within two weeks of the deadline
- There are three (3) potential results of an application:
- a. Fully Funded - the full amount requested is provided
- b. Partially Funded - part of the funds requested is provided, the unfunded amount must be paid by the family
- c. Not Funded - no funds requested are provided, the family must pay the full amount
Athletes requesting scholarship are also encouraged to find sponsors in the event they do not attain a scholarships. Sponsors are businesses or people willing to donate to help with registration fees. The PYS Athlete Sponsor Form should be used to attain these sponsors.
|Softball||2018 Date will be published once registration opens
|Recreation Baseball||2018 Date will be published once registration opens
|Tackel Football||2018 Date will be published once registration opens
|Cheerleading||2018 Date will be published once registration opens
|Recreation Basketball||10/28/2017- CLOSED
|Wrestling||10/25/2017 - CLOSED